The Ibis Styles is a great choice if you’re looking for a moderately-priced hotel close to the airport, or in the Airport City area. The Ibis hotel product is especially great for a business traveler – you won’t get too many frills, although this one has a nice pool area with a bar, and live bands performing on some weeknights. It is also a great option if you are traveling on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality standards. The weekends are popular with tourists and those in town to attend an event. More details on the how, what, where, why after the jump…
- I booked a standard room with a double bed on Hotels.com for approximately $140 per night. The rate was inclusive of all taxes and daily breakfast.
- The hotel is five to 10 minutes from the airport.
- You can call an uber (international airport terminal has free wifi) but you will have to meet the driver specifically at Parking Lot 3, which might be a hassle for you to locate if you have bags. It’s just easier to catch a taxi from the airport, the cost of the regular taxi should not be more than GH₵50 (less than $10).
- Important to note that the check-in time was strictly enforced, perhaps because I arrived on a Monday. My flight arrived Accra early in the morning, so I had to pay an extra $80 for an early check-in.
- The Ibis Styles is great for a business traveler, you get the basics of everything you need from a hotel. Included in the rate were free parking, free breakfast, and free wifi.
- The double bed is really comfortable (don’t mind its rumpled appearance in the photos!)
- The room itself was a good size, very spacious and larger than most other Ibis hotel rooms I have stayed in.
- The rain forest shower in the bathroom was a highlight!
- The towels given were more than adequate and I loved the choice of bathroom amenities.
- The internet speed was adequate when I was actually logged on, but I had some difficulty logging on the first time, and the process of getting back online each time I was kicked off was tedious.
- Complimentary breakfast is always a pleasant offering however, most of the hotels in Accra offer this. The hotels will need to differentiate and it felt like the Ibis was happy to do just the bare minimum with breakfast. I am a huge bacon lover and I am still scarred by the sight of the anemic-looking bacon at the breakfast buffet!
- The hotel has a great location close to the Airport on Liberation Road.
- It’s also close to the Holiday Inn (about a three-minute walk) and a five-minute walk to Stanbic Heights, where Coco Lounge and other restaurants and shops are.
- The Marina Mall is within a three-minute walk to the Hotel, so you can easily get groceries and other items.
I enjoyed my stay at the Ibis Styles, especially as I had business in the area. I was able to walk most places and avoid any rush-hour traffic. The room was comfortable and I especially loved the shower.